2012年11月6日 星期二

project

Project

1. the theme of the art work
Hong Kong ‘s yesterday
2. the form of the artwork
photography in black and white colour
3. the medium of the art work
Rollei Dual-lens reflex camera with squre film roll
4. how would you interpret his art work?
Mr. Ho Fan is described as a ‘poet with a camera’ of Hong Kong,whose images are vintage yet contemporary. He is an genius that who really know how to control the light to make his own photography. inside the picture, i can see that Ho fan has mde use of light and shadow to create an unique background.
5.Do you like his work?
Yes, especially the one “Approaching Shadow” which construction is very unique and outstanding. inside the photography, i can see there are two different colour triangular shadow.one is lighter while another one is darker which create a contrast. Also, there is a woman standing in the right hand side which make my eye focus on the woman. i think the colour of shadow has created a trenchancy and contrastive background for the woman. this make the photography no more bored and meaningless.
 

5 則留言:

  1. Wings, I agree this is a quite remarkable photograph. Can you share more what can be seen from the photograph? And what the artist is trying to tell? This blog is quite clear in details about the artist and the background information, I would like to see more! Thank you :)

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. i may cancel this blog and redo again..cause i change my target

      刪除
    2. Wings, I agree this is a quite remarkable photograph. I recognize a lot of our schoolmates choose photographs to investigate. Can you share why you would like to choose this photograph instead of the others? This photograph is more abstract as I would say. Also, it is not trying to picture something real in life but trying to create another level but I am not sure the specific background behind this artwork. Can you share more what can be seen from the photograph? And what the artist is trying to tell? This blog is quite clear in details about the artist and the background information; I would like to see more! Thank you.

      刪除
  2. Hello. It is really a good choice. Fan Ho is genius as he is the “poet with a camera”. I do like him artworks including the one you chose. Hong Kong Yesterday’s Gallery is a wonderful series. I like the way can use black and white to portray Hong Kong people and places. The contrast is great to show the feeling of lonely, silent, sadness. When I saw this series of photos at the first time, I feel very quiet even the people in the photo have some actions/motions. And then I feel a bit sad. It seems that everything was passed. So I think his artworks are magical.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. i may cancel this blog and redo again..cause i change my target

      刪除